Peppermint and chocolate is one of my favourite combinations. I wanted to make a recipe that allows me to satisfy my cravings but doesn’t leave me feeling guilty. I was feeling inspired to make these for Valentine’s Day, but they can really be enjoyed anytime. These are vegan, refined sugar-free and easy to make.
These are super simple to make and you probably already have all the ingredients on hand. The best part? You can add different flavours. Wild orange essential oil, vanilla, lavender or lime are all great flavours to mix with chocolate.
– 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
– 1/2 cup almond butter
– 2.5 Tbsp maple syrup
– 1.4 cup raw cacao powder
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– 3 drops peppermint essential oil*
– melt coconut oil in a double boiler
– mix in almond butter and stir until smooth
– sift the cocoa powder into the mixture and mix well
– add maple syrup and sea salt
– once mixture has cooled down, add the drops of essential oil
– pour chocolate mixture into silicone molds
– chill for about 30 minutes until solidified
– you can eat individually or add to warm almond milk for a yummy hot chocolate drink
– if you don’t have silicone molds, you could try paper cups
– it’s best to store these chocolates in the fridge or freezer as they may melt at room temperature
*Make sure to choose essential oils that are safe to consume. Look for pure, therapeutic grade essential oils that have been tested for safety. DoTerra is a brand that I trust.
Overindulged on chocolates and sweets this Valentine’s?
Join my 5-Day Sugar Free Challenge to get back on track.
>>> Sign up here <<<